Vox Media is seeking a Shooter/Editor to join the video team for Curbed.com.
The ideal candidates will have an eye for dynamic and innovative visual storytelling — in the field and in post. They’re passionate about short-form content, and want to have an impact in the digital space. They will be part of a hardworking, knowledgeable team and contribute to the video evolution of this brand. This position is staff (with great benefits), and is based in New York City.
- Shoot, edit, publish 1-10 minute videos about cool designs, places and people.
- Work with the video team to create content in concert with the Editorial and Engagement teams.
- Design and/or produce graphics under direction of Producer.
- Publish and package content for multiple platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, etc).
- You think visually and always look for the most creative and unexpected ways to tell a story – both in the field and edit.
- You can craft a good story in any situation.
- You’re passionate about creating content that’s entertaining, surprising and even experimental, at times.
- You have a sense of humor, and know how to draw out the witty, the charming, the clever, even the odd, and the best in people.
- You are an ideas machine and never go for the obvious or cliché.
- You consume digital content daily, and have favorite sites and people you follow.
- You have 3-5+years of professional production experience OR proven interest in video making on a personal YouTube or Vimeo channel.
- You are proficient in Adobe Premiere and Photoshop.
- After Effects familiarity is a plus.
- You’re comfortable shooting with Canon 5DMKIII and Canon Cinema line.
- You’re excited to experiment with new technologies (e.g. drones, VR/360, etc.)
- You’re able to juggle multiple projects while learning new skills in a busy work environment.
- You love collaborating, are flexible and able to pivot and respond to change.
- You have an interest in architecture, home design/DIY, creators, builders, artists and colorful characters.
Sound like you? Then drop us a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter, please include links to your past work.
Working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media provides comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
About Vox Media: Vox Media is one of the fastest growing media companies today, combining smart content, technology, and distribution capabilities to connect with an audience of 170 million people each month who rely on us for a modern, intelligent take on the world. Vox Media is seven distinct media brands, each reaching young, affluent adult audiences: News (Vox.com), Technology and Lifestyle (The Verge), Sports (SB Nation), Gaming (Polygon), Food and Nightlife (Eater), Fashion and Shopping (Racked), and Real Estate and Architecture (Curbed).