Still image from Cutie and the Boxer
Beginning Sunday, April 27th, 2014, UnionDocs will present a nuts-and-bolts professional development series designed for the beginning or intermediate documentary filmmaker. Documentary Fundamentals @ UnionDocs is a six-week course culminating in a certificate of completion. Registrants can also attend individual sessions. Series passes are available now in limited supply at the discounted price of $125 on UnionDocs.org.
Imprimatur, a joint effort between indie publishing platform Blurb and the visual arts studio Jotta, is a new global book arts project. Artists and designers are challenged to redefine the concept of what a book can be by creating original books and installations that push the boundaries of how books are experienced. Blurb will be hosting a launch event for the project in New York City on Monday, April 21st, 2014.
The New York event will provide an evening of talks celebrating books, book-making, and illustrated storytelling alongside a set of inspirational installations and film. The evening’s speakers will include:
- Yolanda Cuomo, book designer extraordinaire and founder of Yolanda Cuomo Design
- Brian Dettmer, renowned artist specializing in detailed and innovative sculptures with books and other forms of pre-existing media
- Sto Len, a painter, sculptor, and sound and performance artist based in NY and part of Booklyn
- Brian Storm, founder and executive producer of MediaStorm
How to Attend
- When: April 21, 2014, 6:00-9:00 pm
- Where: Glass Houses, 545 West 25th Street, New York, NY 10001
- RSVP to secure your spot now.
A beautiful and thoughtful piece on surviving, from UNC student Ora DeKornfeld. - Eric Maierson
Sensei from ora on Vimeo.
See what else we think is Worth Watching.
Our second audio mini-lesson for the month of April features simple ways to prevent and overcome continuous noise in your production from MediaStorm’s executive producer Brian Storm and producer Tim McLaughlin‘s 101: Reporting Track.
A new lesson will be posted next Monday, April 21st. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to be first in line to see it.
Can’t wait? Access our full training video catalogue with an all access subscription.