American Progress is seeking a Video/Multimedia Producer to lead the creation and distribution of video and other multimedia products. Coordinating the work of a videographer and interactive designer, the producer will work with policy experts and website editors to turn American Progress policy initiatives and messaging into compelling video, audio, and interactive graphics; distribute them to intended audiences through multiple channels; and demonstrate a measurable impact. The position requires a passion for progressive politics and policy, strong news judgment, superb scriptwriting skills, solid video editing, and expertise in online marketing and video distribution. In addition, the producer will serve as the fill-in camera operator for American Progress events.
- Manage projects from conception through completion.
- Initiate and develop ideas with policy, editorial, and communications staff; coordinate scriptwriting, camera work, audio and music; obtain internal approvals; lead distribution.
- Manage resources and monitor expenditures to ensure that projects meet the needs of the organization.
- Develop coordinated distribution strategy for multimedia including video, audio podcasts, and interactive graphics.
- Primary manager of Apple Final Cut Server media asset management system.
- Fill-in camera operator for American Progress live events.
- Assist in the training of key staff to develop internal production capabilities.
- Excellent visual storytelling skills and technical craftsmanship as an editor.
- Excellent project management skills with track record for on-time delivery on tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to turn to complex issues and ideas into compelling, accessible video content.
- Initiative, imagination, and leadership to develop not only video projects but also the video program.
- Experience managing video distribution channels such as YouTube, Vimeo, and iTunes.
- Basic knowledge of Apple Final Cut Studio and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Basic knowledge of DV and HD video camera operation.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience producing data-rich multimedia graphics.
- Experience managing media asset management systems.
- Knowledge of video lighting and audio production using both fixed and portable systems.
- Experience with DVD authoring and web-streaming encoders such as Apple. DVD Studio Pro, Episode and Quicktime Pro.
- A least five years of professional experience in video production.
- Bachelor’s degree (or greater) in film production, journalism, or communications preferred.
- Experience in documentary production or news journalism a plus.
- Experience working with 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) organizations a plus.
- Commitment to the Center’s mission and goals.
- Please submit demo reel (web reel preferred) and production biography for consideration.
To apply, simply e-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com.
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor – Online Communications Search
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
For more information about the Center for American Progress, please visit AmericanProgress.org