The Digital Media department at The Metropolitan Museum of Art is seeking a talented Interactive Media Producer to lead the design and production of complex media projects. This includes mobile technology, interactives, and educational multimedia to support the Museum’s collection, exhibitions and related activities, both online and in-gallery. Special consideration will be given to candidates who have created projects that involve interactive storytelling, or cultural/museum-related matters. This position offers candidates opportunities to work with projects of unparalleled content, excellence, innovation, and visibility with an award-winning team.
Define the Solution:
- Guide clients through the discovery phase of a project.
- Gather relevant client input, summarizing findings, developing creative briefs and producing strategic recommendations.
- Provide hands-on creation of sitemaps, wireframes, user experience diagrams, and other planning documents.
- Produce creative guidelines that inspire the Digital Media’s talented interactive team.
- Produce the most creative design and user interactions for optimal experience.
- Evaluate and recommend technical implementation approaches with our front-end and back-end development teams.
Serve our Clients:
- Guide our clients through the various phases of a project.
- Keep clients up to speed on important milestones and decision points.
- Manage expectations through clear and constant communication.
- Provide innovative solutions to their needs.
Manage the Process:
- Scope interactive work, develop a project plan and lead creative and technical teams through each phase of development.
- Build internal relationships and offer process improvements that produce the most creative and innovative work possible.
Desired Skills & Experience
Experience and Skills
Interested candidates must have at least 2 years’ experience working with creative teams, developing interactive projects, and must possess the following characteristics:
- Strong familiarity with interactive and mobile technology
- Experience creating project documentation, including statements of work, project plans, etc.
- Proficiency with project management, user experience design, and media production applications (e.g. Basecamp, Omnigraffle, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Experience with content and digital asset management systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills when interacting with internal creative and technical teams as well as with stakeholders
Knowledge and Education
- BA or BS required; advanced degree with a concentration in digital media, digital communications, visual or moving image arts, desired