Whether you are a creative leader, an educator, an entrepreneur looking to start your own media company, or a professional interested in learning how to build a foundation for timeless, impactful multimedia, the MediaStorm Methodology Workshop is the right opportunity for you.
Apply now for our June 18- June 22 Methodology Workshop.
The methodology workshop gave me time to stop and step into a different way of seeing journalism. I came away inspired by what’s possible if we commit to a different way of thinking about stories.
-John Temple, Managing Editor, The Washington Post
The MediaStorm Methodology Workshop is a five-day intensive workshop held at MediaStorm’s studio in Brooklyn, NY. The workshop is led by MediaStorm founder, Brian Storm, with individual sessions taught by full-time staff members.
Our workshop size is always small (under 15 attendees) to ensure that sessions are lively and personal.
What You Will Learn
You will learn both the operational and creative processes that support the creation of some of the best cinematic narrative projects produced today. And the material will be presented with warmth, humor and a genuine interest in turning the tables to learn what you think about how they do what they do.
-Patty Caya, Digital Media Producer
When you leave MediaStorm’s Methodology Workshop, you will know how to:
- Seek out the essential skills needed to produce effective multimedia.
- Optimize the creative workflow.
- Create the right graphics packages for your cinematic narrative.
- Approach basic web design and interactivity.
- Efficiently and appropriately showcase multimedia work on the web.
- Encode for and distribute on various platforms.
- Syndicate and fund your projects.
- Get others on board with your project.
See what previous participants have to say about the MediaStorm Methodology Workshop.
MediaStorm Training Opportunities
MediaStorm offers an array of in-person workshops and online training opportunities. We are offering the following workshops in 2012:
MediaStorm Methodology Workshop
This workshop is tailored to professionals who want to integrate MediaStorm methods into their curriculum or approach to storytelling.
- June 18-22, 2012 *Apply by: June 16
- August 13-17, 2012 *Apply by: July 16
- December 10-15, 2012 *Apply by: November 9
MediaStorm Storytelling Workshop
Collaborate with a team to research, shoot and produce a documentary project in just one week. Work as a field reporter, editor or observer as part of crew dedicated to the telling of one story. See products from previous MediaStorm Storytelling Workshops.
- November 10-16, 2012 *Apply by: Sep 12, 2012
MediaStorm One-day Workshop
One-day overview session focused on the art of digital storytelling.
- October 20, 2012 *Apply by: Sep 28, 2012
Learn more about upcoming MediaStorm workshops and online training at mediastorm.com/train.