TIME.com is currently hiring for a picture editor. The position is based in New York. Details below.
TIME.com is looking for an experienced and innovative online picture editor with a proven hard news background to curate visuals for the TIME.com homepage, site features, LightBox essays and photo galleries. Innovation and confidence is a must; TIME values team members who bring bold new ideas to an agile, forward-thinking, cutting-edge team – a team that is already refining the way it tells stories and fortifying a foundation for groundbreaking projects.
The new picture editor must possess a mature understanding of how to visually articulate the top stories of the day. They must also be able to work efficiently in a team environment, often under stringent deadlines. Whether the ideal candidate comes from a print or digital background, he or she must understand – and embrace – the intersection of platforms and devices. That’s where cross–team collaboration, impeccable news judgment and a keen eye for strong visual content come into play.
- Minimum three years experience working as a news picture editor
- B.A. or B.S. In visual journalism or related studies
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization are crucial
- Computer savvy: Fluency in WordPress and a basic understanding of HTML is a big plus
- Flexible with working hours, both for mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends
How to Apply
Learn more and apply on the Time Warner Careers Page.