The 2013 Sony World Photography Awards is now open for entries in five categories.
Through conducting a range of annual competitions, the Sony World Photography Awards aims to discover talent across diverse fields of photography, supporting photographers beyond just receiving their awards; featuring their work across the World Photography Organisation website and in international exhibitions, offering exposure through an annual marketing campaign and international media coverage, and publication inside the annual Sony World Photography Awards book.
The 2013 Sony World Photography Awards includes more competitions and awards than ever before, with each category aimed at photographers of a different level:
- Open Competition – for amateurs and enthusiasts
- Professional Competition – for serious photographers with a true passion for the job
- Youth Award – for anyone under the age of 20
- Moving Image Award – for those experimenting with moving image narrative formats
- Student Focus – for higher education photography students aged 18 – 28
Entry deadline: January 4, 2013 (January 9 for Professional competition)
The World Photography Organisation is a global platform for photographers and the wider industry to communicate, cultivate and congregate.
Learn more and apply at www.worldphoto.org/competitions.