Livingston Awards Now Accepting Entries From Young Journalists

You are currently viewing Livingston Awards Now Accepting Entries From Young Journalists

The Livingston Awards for Young Journalists honor outstanding achievement by professionals under the age of 35 in local, national and international reporting in print, broadcast and online. Entries must be submitted online no later that than February 1st, 2014, 11:59 p.m. EST. 

Submission Details

• Still photography is not eligible. Entries must be directly related to current events or include new information about old events. Features and commentary are eligible.
  • Submissions must consist of materials prepared in the ordinary course of the journalist’s professional production. Materials prepared by journalists specifically for submission to the Livingston Awards do not qualify. Student media are not eligible.
  • Journalists who are 34 years old or younger as of December 31, 2013, and whose work appears in United States-controlled print, broadcast or online media may enter.
  • There is no entry fee.
  • Prizes of $10,000 will be presented in three categories: local, national and international affairs.
  • Finalists will be notified by May 1st, 2014. Announcement of winners will take place on June 12th, 2014.

For more information on entry rules visit LivAwards.org. Interested candidates can submit entries online.

About Livingston Awards

The Livingston Awards for Young Journalists honor outstanding achievement by professionals under the age of 35 in local, national and international reporting. The largest all-media, general reporting prize in American journalism, the Livingston Awards judge print, broadcast and online entries against one another, a practice of increasing interest as technology blurs the traditional distinctions between the branches of journalism.